Mastodon

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

UNFRIEND

Many years ago I had a friend,lets call her H. we were in the same course in college but at that point our interaction was limited to exchanging pleasantaries,notes or debates in seminars. I liked her panache,her outgoing nature and her broad smile,but we had our own set of friends and didn't get thick while there.

A couple of years later we were put together in another course in another university,here we also shared a hostel ,became more intimate and friendly.I found her to be even better than I had imagined.We now talked more,shared more and kind of became each other's family away from home.All seemed well.....
The day I got married in a sudden and small strictly family function she was the one who called and wished me happiness.After that I got so tied up in settling down in my new life that didn't get back to her though I kept myself updated about her by some common friends .She got married too,cities changed,numbers changed....no contact for almost four years.
Then FB happened,I located her through her blog ,contacted her,but understanably enough she seemed annoyed and distant.I was elated though that she had done well for herself ,was in a job she loved and had an adorable kid a little older than mine.A few weeks later as I was going through a bad patch ,I wrote to her and I'm sure it sounded like asking for help.
She responded.She hit the cruel UNFRIEND button.
I was hurt,but didn't want to loose her a second time so I found her number and called,but she had moved on.Sadly I haven't,I still think about her.I admit it is my fault too,maybe it is all my fault but I wanted to make amends and thats what I tried to do.
Whenever I see that button on FB ,I wish I could undo it and win my friend back.
Is being less successful so bad?
or is asking for a second chance unforgivable?
Whoever coined that word unfriend,and whoever made that into clickable possibility has lent a new dimension to human relationships.Will we soon also look for unmother,unfamily,unlife.....
So please the next time you hit that button on someone please think twice....and yes pray that me and H befriend each other again and heal our relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keywords

2019 answers anxiety apathy April Blogging challenge B-A-R barathon birthday blog Blogarhythm blogathon Book Review books BOY breasts brothers Buddha bullying cartoons chandigarh child childhood children cities colour compassion contest cosmos culture dad daughter de death death loneliness alone December delhi depression desire devi discrimination disorder diwali domestic violence dreams emily emotional abuse eyes facebook fairytale family fear feminism festival film fire first flash fiction fog freedom freeze frenemy friends GADGETS games gender gender ratio girls god grandfather grandmother grief HAIKU Hamlet happy heart hills hindi home hope husband independence day indiblogger internet jagjit singh kashmir kerouac kids lessons life life lessons light loneliness lonely longing loss love lover marriage me memories memories men menstruation mental health mind miss mom mom dad mother mother's day motherhood mythology nest new year nobody nostalgia pain pakistan panjab university papa paradoxes patriarchy periods poem poet poetry priyamvada questions random thoughts rape relationships religion remember rickshaw ritual Rumi Ruskin Bond sad sex Sexism sexual harassment sexual harrasment shimla short story silence social media soul Stream of consciousness sufi suicide summers taboo time toddlers tradition tragedy twitter valentine violence voice war winter woman women women's day Womensweb words. thoughts words.thoughts worry worship writer writing yatra yeats zen zen. बेटी माँ

COMPANIONS CALLED BOOKS

To Kill a Mockingbird
The Catcher in the Rye
Animal Farm
The Alchemist
One Hundred Years of Solitude
Romeo and Juliet
Frankenstein
The Odyssey
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
The Count of Monte Cristo
Eat, Pray, Love
Lolita
The Da Vinci Code
The Kite Runner
The Silence of the Lambs
The Diary of a Young Girl
Pride and Prejudice
Jane Eyre
The Notebook
Gone With the Wind
}

The Human Bean Cafe, Ontario

The Human Bean Cafe, Ontario
my work on display there !!!!!